Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Top Ten Bookish Resolutions For 2016
Since I wrote out a post about my how I wanted 2016 to go – and the BIG GOALS I have for my blog, I thought I would discuss the smaller goals. So here are the (additional) 10 (bookish) reading resolutions I have.
- Read more middle grade. I adore the middle grade novels that I have picked up as of late – and I look forward to reading more!
- Participate in more events. I don’t often do read a longs, or twitter chats, but this is something I want to do more this year.
- Create an event. I have been wanting to create an event for ages. It’s hard with so many awesome events around to know what will grasp attention and get a good turn out. In any case, my mind is a whirling.
- Create a feature. This is harder to me over creating an event. We all talk about originality, and how even the best ideas stem from somewhere – but there are SO MANY already!
- Sell some bookmarks! This might be an obvious one, but well, it’s a good goal to have! I love making them so much!
- Exceed my Goodreads reading goal by at least 10%. I set my goal for 175 – so it’s doable!
- Read more back list titles. I signed up for the Rock My TBR for this purpose! There are so many books I have wanted to read that never got around to. Now is the time!
- Attend two events/conferences. Not sure if BEA will happen – but I am trying to work out and see if I can ALA in Orlando and possibly one later in the year. Doing BEA and ALA back to back is just not feasible, financially, and with my work schedule.
- Attend more local events. There is a book store outside of Atlanta that has many author events. My goal is to attend at least 5 in 2016. There is also the Decatur Book Festival during Labor Day Weekend that I had so much fun at 2 years ago.
- Spread the love! I love spreading blogger love – and helping others promote their blog, or work. Be it a book, bookish item or well, anything. (So, if you have a store ANYWHERE, create bookish things w/o a store or just want some love, let me know!
Tell Me Your Thoughts
- What are some of your bookish related resolutions for 2016?
Tonyalee is an avid reader, gym junkie, coffee addicted workaholic, and blogger. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for random shenanigans.