Let’s Talk: Blogger to Blogger is a discussion feature that is aimed and dedicated to bloggers. In which we discuss and debate topics from around the blogging community and inspire others.
For a full list of topics, visit the archive. If you have a topic for discussion let me know!
Giveaways — Part 3
I’ve had a series of posts go live recently discussing the legality of giveaways and privacy. I also mentioned that there will be changes coming to the giveaways I HOST on my blog. I wanted to go over those now.
I want to reiterate how serious these laws are. I know some believe that there are too many of us and few of them – how will they know? I am confident that things will catch up and it’s best to carry out these changes NOW, before something comes back to bite you in the bum.
So, here goes —
To be eligible to enter, the entrant must:
- Be a subscriber to Lilybloombooks. Be it WordPress Reader, Bloglovin, Feedly, RSS or Email
- Be 13 years of age or older (with parents permission) and legal resident of countries specified on giveaway. If giveaway is prohibited in your country, you agree to not enter.
- Acknowledge that by entering, you are agreeing to these Rules, Terms and Conditions
- Twitter giveaways — only followers are eligible to enter. My tweets will look something like this, “Followers: RT to enter to win (prize) Open (wherever) ends (date)”
- Facebook. There will be VERY FEW giveaways hosted on Facebook, if at all. And when I DO have one on Facebook, I will be using Third Party Apps – like Wishpond.
There may be EXTRA entries for following on social media, visiting Facebook and/or tweeting about the giveaway. These are NOT required.
- Tweet about the giveaway. These cannot be done from Giveaway only accounts
- Following on social media. (Author or me)
- If giveaway is sponsored by a third-party, i.e. publisher, an entrant must give written consent to share their name and address.
- I am not responsible for lost, stolen and/or damaged packages.
Why these changes were made
There are many reasons I made these changes, LEGAL being the obvious one. But then I think about those that Tweet from giveaway accounts and only visit for giveaways. Will these changes rid myself of those issues? Not completely, no. But it’s a start.
How these are different — I am NOT requiring you to follow, comment, tweet or visit on any social media. Yes, you must be a subscriber to enter, but in doing so, does not give you an entry. Make sense?
So, there are my changes!
- What do you think about the changes? Are they fair?
- Will you be making ANY kind of changes to how you host your giveaways?
Tonyalee is an avid reader, gym junkie, coffee addicted workaholic, and blogger. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for random shenanigans.