Let’s Talk: Blogger to Blogger is a discussion feature that is aimed and dedicated to bloggers. In which we discuss and debate topics from around the blogging community and inspire others.
For a full list of topics, visit the archive. If you have a topic for discussion let me know!
Discuss. Debate. Inspire.
One of the key things that I’ve read (and been told) about the success of your blog is consistency. Post regularly. Stick to your niche. etc. etc. etc. Readers want to know what to expect from you. Do you review a certain genre? Do you always have an awesome TTT up each week? Even thought out and well written discussions.
In part, I agree.
I think it would depend on YOUR definition of consistent, outside the obvious. Posting 3 times a week is pretty consistent. Posting a Meme ever week is pretty consistent. But does that mean someone who only posts once a week isn’t?
One of the things that I have struggled with in my 3 1/2 years in blogging is being consistent with post content. I’m consistent in the sense that I post reviews. I have my Weekly Wrap Up each Saturday, and two discussion posts features… and that’s about it. Which, when it comes to the weekly wrap up, I’ve changed it several times over the years. I’ve started several series or “features” I never stuck to. There are Memes that I’ve tried and dropped off. I even shut down my other blog!
There are two reasons for this:
- I get bored. Especially with certain Memes. It becomes so freaking tedious that I almost resent having to do it. Then, I get this spark to do it again and I do. And… then I get bored. Rinse. Repeat.
- Time. I do 90% of my blogging on the weekends. One day I spend drafting, making graphics and some commenting, while the other day is for writing content. And sometimes, when I have two reviews, two memes, a wrap up and a discussion, it takes FOREVER, and it’s easier to get rid of the small things (Waiting on Wednesday).
- In conjunction with that, is reading time. I had the Convince me to Read feature but I was having a hard time finding time to read and the thought of adding another based on a vote scared me LOL
I’ve also very inconsistent with commenting, but that’s a topic for another day!
- How consistent are you on your blog? Do you struggle to remain consistent?
- Have you got burned out on topics, series, or Memes on your blog and quit?
- Is consistency important when it comes to following other blogs?
Never miss a discussion!
Tonyalee is an avid reader, gym junkie, coffee addicted workaholic, and blogger. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for random shenanigans.