I’m excited to be participating in the Geekerella blog tour! I adored this book so much and I will be pushing it hard on readers for the foreseeable future. Today, author Ashley Poston is sharing with us her Favorite Fandom OTPs! But first, here’s more about the book AND the book trailer:
I have breathed fandom for so long I basically ship trashcans now. (I kid, I kid!) But oh, man, do I have some favorite OTPs. I’ve penned fanfics for some of them (I will take my username to my deathbed), while others I can suggest some grade-A fanfic that’ll sing to your sweet shipping soul. Ahem, anyway.
Here are some of my favorite OTPs! In no particular order, really.
1. Ten/Rose from Doctor Who. Ugh, I can’t even.
2. Fem!Shepard/Garrus from Mass Effect. I will fight you on this ship—while Garrus might indeed be a Turian and I’m not quite sure how a lot of the physicality of their relationship works, I’m kinda content with the banter, you know?
3. Dorian/Iron Bull from Dragon Age: Inquisition. Fun fact: If you don’t romance Dorian or Iron Bull in the game, then they get together in-game. THEREFORE IT IS CANON, CH’YEAAAAHH.
4. Simon/Blue from Simon vs. the Homo-Sapien Agenda by Becky Albertali. DO I NEED TO JUSTIFY THIS? I MEAN. OREOS.
5. Howl/Sophie from Howl’s Moving Castle. This ship gives me life.
6. Roy Mustang/Riza Hawkeye from Full Metal Alchemist. Especially in Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. They have this chemistry that you don’t find too often. They need each other, without relying on each other. And they’re both incredibly badass.
7. Yuri/Victor from Yuri!!! On Ice. MY TWO SWEET ICE HUSBANDS. Basically, this entire show is a cinnamon roll on ice.
8. Lila/Kell from the Shades of Magic series by Victoria Schwab. Schwab about killed me with this ship, just sayin’.
9. Kaz/Inej from Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. IF THIS SHIP IS THE TITANIC, THEN I’M THE VIOLINIST PLAYING THEIR WEDDING MARCH AS IT GOES DOWN OKAY.
10. Artemis Fowl/Holly Short from the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. I mean, not when he’s prepubescent and she’s a hotshot rookie cop in the beginning of the series, but as with time and a lot of patience and the magic of fanfic, I can get down with some older Arty falling desperately in love with the new commander of the LEP.
11. BONUS: Prince Carmindor/Princess Amara from Starfield. That counts, right? That totally counts.
So what are some OTPs you ship harder than Tumblr ships Destiel?
Check out the previous stops on the Blog Tour:
The Novel Hermit
Recommended Geek Reads
Mile Long Bookshelf
Top 10 Sci-fi TV shows
Brittany’s Book Rambles
Fave Kickass Heroines
Holly, Quills, and Ivy
Starfield: the Unimagined Frontier
The Book Bratz
Con Survival Guide
Paper Trail YA
Owl Always Be Reading
The Bibliophile Chronicles
My First Fandom
Mary Had a Little Book Blog
Agency of Prince Charmings
Tea Party Princess
Tonyalee is an avid reader, gym junkie, coffee addicted workaholic, and blogger. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for random shenanigans.