~Weekly Wrap Up is my weekly version of the Sunday Post~
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The NEW 10 Things!
Last Week I did the 10 craziest things my animals have done or do. See them HERE
This week, I am sharing my 10 funniest and/or worst presents I GAVE or RECEIVED for Christmas.
1. This shouldn’t count BUT.. When I was 6, I wanted this Cherry Berry Muffin thing ( I don’t even remember what it was), SO BAD. SO I was opening my gifts and there is was… I was so excited.. until I opened it up and there was a movie INSIDE THE BOX. That scared me. Til this day, I will NEVER play those types of pranks on ANYONE
2. Someone in our family LOVES the Seahawks (well everyone does) so every year, we gave them something different with the logo. One year, we bought shot glasses. Everyone was SO PISSED and we couldn’t understand why. Well, we found out that they were going to check into rehab. Sure, we knew they drank a lot but… So yeah, awkward. We will never do that again.
3. I got several parenting books and other self-help books, the year I had Zachary. Mind you, Nathaniel was 5.
4. One year, Kyle didn’t know what to get me so he bought one of those bath sets with like 30 different lotions and what not. The kicker; he wrapped EACH ONE individually so I had “More presents than anyone.” I still tease him about this to this day and it happened 8 years ago.
5. I got a gift card for a makeover at a salon. I don’t know WHY but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
6. My niece had a bad case of “Bieber Fever”, so we bought her that life-size cut out. Kyle put a note on this face that said; “To be used as target practice only.” She was SO MAD.
7. One year, I made all my nieces and nephews blankets with their favorite character(s) on it. One of my nieces was so happy, she wrapped it around her and started running around the house… then she started SCREAMING her head off. Well apparently, I forgot to take out the pins and about 4 stabbed her. I was SO embarrassed.
8. This is probably the worst thing .. But one year, someone in my family had a nasty habit of stealing my Toilet Paper every time they came over.. So, we gave them 3 of those HUGE packs for Christmas. It never happened again though.
9. I got a $100 Gift Card to the grocery store.. Yeah.
10. A mix up.. I gave my Dad my Step Dad’s gift and vice versa. If they were similar, it would NOT have been a big deal. But, it was.
Do you have ANY funny, weird or just.. BAD gifts to share!? Let me know in the comments!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here’s what went down this week and what’s to come…
NA Gift Basket AND a Prank Starter Kit — Ends Dec 23rd, 2013
a Soho Teen Black Box–a surprise pack of 12 hardcover and paperback books! — Ends Dec 31st, 2013
Win 1 of 3 stockings filled with holiday candy, chocolates, a hand-crafted Christmas charm bracelet and $10 Amazon gift card. Open Internationally. — Ends Jan 1st, 2014
$25 gift certificate from Amazon (INT) — Ends Dec 27th, 2013
Sharing the Love Monthly Giveaway! Enter for a chance to win an eBook copy of Crash into You OR Keep You From Harm — Ends Jan 1st, 2014
SIA by Joshgrayson 5 print copies of SIA (US only) 5 ebooks copies of SIA (INT) — Ends Dec 26th, 2013
(Did you win? Check out my Giveaways page for winners )
Reviews, Tours, & Extras
Mini Audiobook Review~ The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Cover reveal Twelve Steps by Veronica Bartles
Release Day Blitz! Stealing Promises by Brina Courtney
Blog Tour- Needing Her by Molly McAdams
Review~ The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine
Vote for Pick it For Me Freebie Reads #15 ENDS 12/28
Happening Next Week*
*tentative. I usually have a lot of last-minute post/changes
Blog Tour~ Addicted For Now by Krista & Becca Ritchie (Review of Addicted to You + Giveaway)
AudioBook Review~ The Fault in our Stars by John Green
Review~ Finding the Right Girl by Violet Duke
Review~ Roomies by Tara Altebrando and Sara Zarr
And of course
Waiting on Wednesday
(I WILL REMEMBER THIS WEEK!)
(A weekly Memes hosted by Tynga’s Reviews featuring the books I was given, purchased or borrowed.)
A bought NOTHING! WooT!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
None this week
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
None this week
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
That’s pretty much a wrap…
…until next week
Tonyalee is an avid reader, gym junkie, coffee addicted workaholic and blogger. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for random shenanigans.