“That’s a Wrap” is my new Monthly wrap up post. I will be linking up the Sunday post.
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Once again, it has been a very crazy and busy month. Work has been pretty stressful because of Open Enrollment ending, with reason. 3rd Quarter is over so that means there is only about 9 weeks left of school, so we’ve been planning Summer THINGS. More than likely, the kiddos will be heading up to Washington for about a month. We still haven’t decided if we are going for the Wedding. I doubt it, but it’s still an option.
As far as the blog goes, I have made myself a new schedule for what gets posted on what days. Also, coming in May, I will be changing up the Freebie Poll. I don’t “buy” as many as I use to. SO, look for that change. 🙂
Seems like the 10 things are losing their punch since I only do them once a month now, instead of every week. Still. Here are 10 things I learned or discovered this week and the 5 BEST (that I have done) April Fools Pranks.
1. I didn’t know girls start early when staking their claim on boys. Two girls were shoving each other over who got to walk arm in arm into the dance at Zachary’s Ball. Mind=blown
2. Grades are in! Both kiddos got the Merit Award! Nathaniel was excited that his contract is now null in void. (If you remember, we had him write out a contract saying that he was not allowed on ANY media device during the week until his grades went up.)
3. I did NOT have to go sky diving for the Hubby’s birthday. Thank goodness for small miracles.
4. I have started making candles again, and when I was making this lavender vanilla scented one, the lavender lid busted and got EVERYWHERE. Whew, that stuff is strong and it took me DAYS to get it off my hands.
5. The Hubby has started working again, so YAY for that.
6. My son telling jokes; “Mom, how do you wake up Lady Gaga?” Me, “I… have no idea.” Son, “You Poker Face.” 😀
7. There is this one movie, years ago, that I watched that FREAKED ME OUT. To this day, I still can’t watch it. So, imagine my panic & horror when I hear it on one day while I was taking a nap on the couch. Yes, my kids are hilarious.
8. My son is buggin me to go to BEA.
9. It’s Spring Break! Whoo! Taking a few days off later in the week to spend with the kiddos and because, I don’t have a sitter.
10. (This isn’t totally new but..) A few people at work *kind of* know about my blog and reviewing and such. So, why is it when people find this out do they ask, “Why you read 50 Shades!?” No.
Best April Fools Pranks
1. Replace all undies with thongs. Colored thongs.
2. Saran wrap the toilet. It’s hilarious but MESSY.
3. You can also saran wrap a door frame. This only works if the door opens towards them though.
4. The lottery win. Bahaha no other words are needed.
5. Tape a fog horn to the computer chair. So, when they sit down, it goes off.
Wrapping it up! Here’s what went down in March!
- [3 Mar] Review~ Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley★★★½
- [5 Mar] ARC Review~ The Here and Now by Ann Brashares★★★½
- [6 Mar] Review~ Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout★★★★½
- [7 Mar] Review~ Losing Faith by Jeremy Asher★★
- [10 Mar] Review~The Gathering Storm (Katerina #1) by Robin Bridges★★
- [11 Mar] ARC Review~ Far From You by Tess Sharpe★★★★½
- [13 Mar] Review~Her Summer with the Marine: A Donovan Brothers Novel by Susan Meier★★★★
- [17 Mar] Blog Tour~ Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington (Review)★★★½
- [18 Mar] ARC Review~Forbidden (The Soulkeepers #1) by Lori Adams★½
- [20 Mar] Review~ Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst★★★★
- [21 Mar] Review~ Deeper (Caroline & West #1) by Robin York★★★★★
- [24 Mar] Review~ Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi★★★★½
- [25 Mar] ARC Review~ She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick★★½
- [27 Mar] Review~ Run of the Mill by Dave Patten★★★★
- [28 Mar] Review~ Forever & Always (The Ever Trilogy #1) by Jasinda Wilder★★★½
- [6 Mar] Random Rants and Ramblings #11~ Mixing Genres on the Blog- Good or Bad?
- [23 Mar] Random Rants and Rambling #12 Balancing Life, Work and Everything Inbetween
- Sharing the Love Monthly Giveaway! Choose from ANY book that I read in February! — Ends Apr 1st, 2014
- Two (2) winners will receive all three (3) books in the The Staff and the Sword series, — Ends Apr 1st, 2014
- Win a 2014 Spring Release! (Open INT) — Ends Apr 2nd, 2014
- [3 Mar] Blog Tour~ A Draw of Kings by Patrick W. Carr (Excerpt + Giveaway)
- [4 Mar] Entangled Teen Release Day Blast!
- [11 Mar] Cover Reveal~ Mortal Gods (Goddess War #2) by Kendare Blake
- [19 Mar] Cover Reveal ~ Boomerang by Noelle August
- [1 Mar] My Week in Books (3/1/14)
- [2 Mar] That’s a Wrap- February Edition
- [8 Mar] My Week in Books (3/8/14)
- [15 Mar] My Week in Books (3/15/14)
- [22 Mar] My Week in Books (3/22/14)
- [29 Mar] My Week in Books (3/29/14)
- [30 Mar] That’s a Wrap- March Edition
If you want to host, just shoot me an email! 🙂 I have tons of HOP ideas coming up for the year!
(hosted by Falling for YA)
Books read- 6
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Books Read- 0
Join The Book Nympho and Hot Listens for the 2nd year of great audio books.
Audiobooks Listened To- 1 (and I am NOT even done)
Pick it for Me Freebie Reads
#18 Winner was…
Forever & Always by Jasinda Wilder. See my review HERE
Be sure to vote now for #19!
Tonyalee is an avid reader, gym junkie, coffee addicted workaholic and blogger. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for random shenanigans.