“That’s a Wrap” is my new Monthly wrap up post. I will be linking up the Sunday post.
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Wow. June. Can you believe it?
This edition of my monthly wrap up is OBVIOUSLY late. But, it’s here nonetheless.
So what has been going on on the blog? Well, y’all know by now that I went to BEA this year! It was an amazing experience and I had a great time. Still, after a week break from reading, blogging and of course, home life – I am still trying to get back into the swing of things. Post might be late, books might be skipped and comments shall be sparse.
I think I mentioned last week that I was debating on going back to weekly wrap ups. Now, I am thinking no. haha I know, my mind changes often and I NEED to find some consistency. You would think with my OCD ways that I would, but I think since I am (still) trying to find the best way to do things, over a year later, I need to constantly change things up and get a feel for them. As it stands, I am debating on purchasing a new theme from Nose Graze. >.<
One thing that I have started different is the Freebie Poll. The last few have been… less than okay reads. Also, I don’t “buy” many free books anymore. So, this month is a “second chance” poll. Where I put on review books that somehow got lost in the shuffle. Vote for which ones YOU loved, or want my thoughts on!
For my 10 things this week, I am going with the trend from my recap post, where I give (not so serious) advice and tips to surviving BEA/New York.
I know. It’s early. But this is my way of venting about the WTFery that was my trip.
1. Check the weather reports. Example: Georgia 85, sunny with a 86% humidity. New York. 55 and cloudy, with a chance a rain. See what I did there?
2. Don’t over pack. Imagine. Me- 3 bags plus my purse. Roomies. At least 2 bags each. Mash it all together? You HAVE A MAZE and HURDLES.
3. If you don’t work out much, or you’re out of shape (like me) take a 10 minute walk every day for about a MONTH before going. Your legs will appreciate you.
4. Bring snacks.. but not too many. You will not eat three bags of crackers, two granola bars and 5 packs of fruit snacks (okay, that last bit I did but.. CANDY)
5. Ignore the meanies. They will be there.
6. Don’t walk in front of 7 (maybe 8?) foot tall walking robot’s. They will smack you.
7. Always smell the drinks before consuming. That glass is not apple juice people.
8. Bring a travel sized deodorant. This is pretty much self-explanatory. Oh, and hand sanitizer.
9. Do NOT, under any circumstances, get too close to those characters in Times Square. They will photobomb you. And want compensation.
10. Take a town car. It may be more money, but it’s well worth it. Just ask Chelsea, Jessica, Wendy and Cece.
Heather from Turning Pages is organizing a fundraiser called BOOKS FOR A CAUSE. Check out her story and HELP spread the word, donate, and/or make any suggestions or tips.
Wrapping it up! Here’s what went down in May!
- [1 May] Out of Control by Nina Croft
- [2 May] We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- [5 May] Love Always, Kate by D. Nichole King
- [6 May] Blur by Steven James
- [8 May] All Lined Up by Cora Carmack
- [12 May] No Place Like Home by DeAnna Holland
- [13 May] Nantucket Red by Leila Howland
- [15 May] Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower
- [19 May] The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer
- [20 May] Random Rants and Rambling #16 ~ Confession Session (1)
- [21 May] The Rules for Breaking by Ashley Elston
- [22 May] Collide by Ashley Stambaugh
- [26 May] Split Second by Kasie West
- [1 May] Blog Tour ~ Out of Control (Babysitting a Billionaire #2) by Nina Croft (Review + Giveaway)
- [13 May] Blog Tour ~ Tempt My Heart by Danielle Jamie
- [23 May] Blog Tour ~ See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell #2) by Demelza Carlton (Excerpt + Giveaway)
- [4 May] That’s a Wrap- April Edition
- [10 May] My Week in Books (5/10/14)
- [17 May] My Week in Books (5/17/14)
Apparently, I missed two weeks? LOL
Sizzling Summer Reads Blog Hop! Sign ups start June 15th!
(hosted by Falling for YA)
Books read this month-7
Overall total- 24
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Overall total – 19
Join The Book Nympho and Hot Listens for the 2nd year of great audio books.
Audiobooks Listened To- 1
Overall total – 6
Pick it for Me Freebie Reads (IS CHANGING)
#20 Winner was…
I am still currently reading this! I am still trying to catch up on everything since my trip so, look for this review soon!
Check out the change to the poll on the sidebar!
Tonyalee is an avid reader, gym junkie, coffee addicted workaholic and blogger. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for random shenanigans.