I am SO happy to be particiaing in the Love – a – Thon this year! This is my second year, and I had such a great time last year – plus I made SO many new friends – I just had to do it again! I even created a semi regular feature here based on last year’s challenge!
Just so you know.. today (Saturday) is quite a busy day for me. My kiddo has his first lacrosse game of the season AND I plan drive to Atlanta for a signing for Nicole Castroman’s Blackhearts! So while I may not be very active today, I will be on Sunday!
1. What’s your name?
Tonyalee! Nice to meet you.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
Ha, there are actually many things. But the main one was an outlet to share my bookish thoughts!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
My favorite flower – Lily. My favorite thing – Books. Plus I was new and blooming into the community. Cheesy, yes.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
Primarily young adult, but I have recently started a middle grade feature called Middle Grade Madness! I read a lot of different things – from romance, to fantasy, mystery/thrillers, dystopian. You name it! I run a second blog where I feature all NA/Adult books, should you want to check that out!
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I have two discussion features, Random Rants and Rambling & Let’s Talk: Blogger to Blogger. I started Middle Grade Madness this year. I also recently started Convince me to Read – where I ask fellow readers to pour their heart out and convince me to read their favorite hyped books! I alternate with three weekly memes: Monday Musts, which is hosted by lovin los libros, Top Ten Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday. I am also part of a blogger craft circle, where we post (inconsistently) about the crafting that we do! And of course, Weekly Wrap Up!
And well, anything else that tickles my fancy!
7. Best blogging experience so far?
This is the same as last year – people. I have met some amazing people, few of them my best friends. From other bloggers, authors, pubs.. it’s been amazing how many people I have come to know and call my family.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
This would be the same as the question above. But I also love how we have a central place to share our love of books, and many other activities. I love seeing how others interpret situations and seeing their POV. It challenges me, and makes me a stronger and better person for it.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3) by Mary E. Pearson
- These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1) by Tarun Shanker
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
- The Winner’s Crime (The Winner’s Trilogy #2) by Marie Rutkoski
- Invasion by Galaxy Craze
- The Lies About the Truth by Courtney Stevens
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- Fractured Suns by Theresa Kay
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I am going to do with the SAME pick from last year, because it’s awesome!
12. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
- Lela (Guards of the Shadowlands)
- Etta (Passenger)
- Westie (Revenge and the Wild)
- Rafe (Pentryn and the End of Days)
13. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I love to craft! I make bookmarks (which I sell on Etsy) earrings, bracelets and necklaces. I also do key chains as well. I also love to shop, work in the garden and bake!
14. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Crafting supplies and shoes!
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
Hmm.. This is HARD! Honestly, I would go with The Impotor Queen by Sarah Fine OR End of Days by Suan Ee.
16. Author you want to meet and sit down to coffee with?
Again, HARD ONE! Sarah Fine, Megan Erickson, Kim Karr, Molly O’Keefe.. just to name a few! Can we just throw a huge party and invite everyone?!
And there ya have it! Leave your links in the comments so I am able to hop around and check out your post, too! If you aren’t participating, thanks for stopping by and reading!
Tonyalee is an avid reader, gym junkie, coffee addicted workaholic and blogger. Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for random shenanigans.